Contact Rev'd Jane Nattrass firstname.lastname@example.org or 07568530503 or see Contact the Team page for more contact details
Read Touch Base, the online magazine of the City Centre Churches
York City Centre Churches of All Saints Pavement, St Denys, St Helen, St Martin, St Olave, Holy Trinity Micklegate and St Lawrence offer a variety of worship through different services in our churches, with the hospitality of the Eucharist at the heart of everything we do. Each has a distinctive character, which we hope you will explore. Come, and you will see.
- All Saints Pavement – the Guild and Civic church of York. Uses the Book of Common Prayer.
- St Denys – a traditional parish church with services signed for the deaf and hard of hearing (1st Sunday of the month)
- St Helen – makes use both of the richness of Celtic spirituality and Taize Services
- St Martin – worship is centered on Peace and Reconciliation
- St Olave – a liberal Anglo-Catholic church with a growing Sunday School and strong musical tradition.
- Holy Trinity Micklegate – a parish church with an important monastic past
- St Lawrence - An active church in York, between the busy University of York campus and the ancient city walls – serving the Parish of St Lawrence -with-St Nicholas with Christian prayer, worship, fellowship, hospitality, and charity.
(See calendar for the month for full details.)
All Saints Pavement: Sundays 9.00am: Said Holy Communion; 10.30am either Mattins or Sung Eucharist. 6.30pm Evensong
St Denys: Sundays 10.00am: Holy Communion (with a signed service for the deaf and hard-of-hearing on the first Sunday of each month)*
St Helen: Saturdays Noon: there is a service in the Celtic style. You will find a warm welcome. Our Saturday Eucharists are drawing on the richness of Celtic spirituality with an emphasis on a sense of God and the saints as a continuing, personal, helpful presence; respect for nature, art and poetry, learning and hospitality, is very important. On Tuesdays at 4.30pm Taize service is held with prayer, readings and music. Join us for coffee at 4pm before the service.
In addition there are other special midweek services, and concerts too, depending on the time of year - watch the Church Notice Board for details, or look at the St Helen's web site.
St Martin Coney Street: Wednesdays 12.15pm and Saturdays 10.00am: Eucharist (1st Saturday, Morning prayer). St Martin's is a member of the Community of the Cross of Nails and is dedicated to Peace and Reconciliation. Its services and liturgy reflect this.. Join use for prayers for peace at noon each Friday
St Olave:Sundays 8.30am and 10.30am Sunday School meets at 10.30am .
Sunday School meets at 10.30am during the Sung Eucharist
Holy Trinity Micklegate: Sundays 11.00am: Sung Eucharist; Wednesdays 12.15: Holy Communion*
St Lawrence, Lawrence Street: Sundays 9am: BCP Communion; 10.15 am Sung Eucharist ; 6pm Evensong
Sunday School meets at 10am
Click here for the York Diocese Home page
Churches Together in York
Click here for the Prayer Diary of Churches Together in York